Ingredients for 6 servings
- 1 Cup Uncooked Quinoa
- 2 Cups Vegetable Broth (For Richer Flavor, Use Chicken Broth)
- 2 Teaspoons Garlic, Chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Parsley, Chopped
- 1/2 Tablepoon Thyme, Chopped
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Small Onion, Finely Chopped
- Dash Lemon Juice, Optional
In a saucepan, bring the broth to a boil. Add the quinoa, reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook for about 15 minutes, or until quinoa is tender and has opened.
In a bowl, toss the quinoa with the garlic, parsley, thyme, salt and onion. Sprinkle with lemon juice and serve warm or at room temperature.
For variations, add cucumber, squash, carrots, peas, broccoli or chicken. Get creative!