Ingredients for 6 to 8 servings
- 2 16 Ounce Bags Frozen Petite Peas, Thawed
- 1 Cup Sour Cream
- 1 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1 Teaspoon Course Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon White Pepper
- 4 Teaspoons Kosher Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 2 Cans Sliced Water Chestnuts, Diced
- 1 Cup Carrot, Grated
- 1 Cup Red Onion, Diced
- 1 Cup Sugar Peas, Ends Removed & Chopped
- 10 Strips Cooked Bacon, Finely Diced
On a cookie sheet lined with paper towels add peas. Roll peas around so they will shed any additional water they may be holding.
In large bowl stir together the sour cream, mayonnaise, pepper, kosher salt and garlic powder. Add the Water Chestnuts, carrot, onion, diced peas, bacon and peas. Gently fold together.
Adjust any additional seasonings. Serve as a salad on a bed of bibb lettuce.