Ingredients for 6-8 servings
- 4 to 5 Pound Corned Beef Brisket
- 1 Medium Onion, Quartered
- 1⁄2 Head Cabbage, Cut In Wedges
- 1 Pound Baby Carrots
- 4-6 Red Potatoes, Quartered
- 1 (12 Ounce) Bottle Stout Ale, Recommended: Guinness
- 1⁄2 Teaspoon Pepper
In a slow cooker, place beer, beef and the contents of seasoning packet that comes with the corned beef. Cover and cook on low for about 8 to 10 hours.
Thirty minutes before done, increase heat to high and add the onions, carrots and potatoes. Cook until tender.
Ten minutes before serving, add the cabbage and finish cooking until cabbage is tender.
Remove the corned beef from the crock pot and place on cutting board and slice across the grain in thin slices. Serve with the liquid and vegetables as a soup or drain liquid and serve on a platter with the vegetables.