Ingredients for 6 servings
- 16 Cups, 1-Inch Cubes, White or Sourdough Bread
- 1 Stick Unsalted Butter
- 2 Cups Yellow Onion, Diced
- 1 Cup Celery, Diced
- 2 Granny Smith Apples, Peeled, Cored & Diced
- 2 Tablespoons Chopped Flat Leaf Parsley
- 1 Tablespoon Kosher Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Black Pepper, Freshly Ground
- 3⁄4 Pound Italian Sausage
- 1 Cup Vegetable Stock
Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
Place the bread cubes on a sheet pan and bake for 7 minutes. Remove from sheet pan and place in a large bowl, set aside. Increase oven temperature to 350 degrees.
In a large pan, melt the butter and add the onions, celery, apples, parsley, salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat until the vegetables are soften, about 10 minutes. Remove and add to the bread cubes.
Over medium heat, cook the sausage until browned, about 10 minutes. Remove and add to the bread cubes.
Add vegetable stock, mix well. Pour contents into a 9 x 13 baking dish. Bake for 30 minutes until browned. Serve warm.