Ingredients for 8 servings
- 1 Tablespoon The Spice Hunter® Chili Powder
- 2 Tablespoons Kosher Salt
- 3 Pound Chuck Roast Cut into 8- 10 even pieces
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Small Yellow Onion, Diced
- 6 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Tablespoon The Spice Hunter® Mexican Seasoning Blend
- 1 Cup Salsa
- 1 Teaspoon Better Than Bouillon, Beef Flavor
- 1 Cup Water
- Pico de Gallo
- 1 Bunch Cilantro, Minced
- 1 Red Onion, Thinly Sliced
- 1 Lime, Cut into Wedges
- Street Taco Tortillas
Mix together the chili powder and kosher salt and season the roast liberally. In a large skillet over medium high heat, add the olive oil and sear the roast until the roast pieces have good color and crust. Add the onions and continue cooking until softened.
Place the cooked beef and onions into the slow cooker, add garlic, Mexican seasoning blend and salsa. Mix together the better than bouillon and water and pour over the roast. Cover and cook 4-5 hours on high or 6-7 on low.
Remove the beef from the slow cooker, shred and add some additional cooking liquids to the shredded beef if desired. Serve on your favorite street taco tortilla. Garnish with pico de gallo, cilantro, red onion and a squeeze of lime juice.
Instant Pot Instructions:
Use the sauté method for the roast and onions, add all remaining ingredients. Use the Meat/Stew button. Set timer for 35 minutes, and use Natural Release.