Ingredients for 8 servings
- 1 Pound Bread, Cut Into 1-inch Cubes
- 1⁄4 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 pound Sliced Applewood-Smoked Bacon, Chopped
- 1 Large Onion, Chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) Can Whole Italian Tomatoes, Drained & Chopped
- 1⁄2 Teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper
- 2 Cups Sharp Cheddar Cheese, Shredded
- 2 Cups Monterey Jack Cheese, Shredded
- 2 Tablespoons Snipped Chives
- 1 3⁄4 Cups Low-Sodium Chicken Broth
- 8 Large Eggs
Preheat oven to 350° Lightly oil 9 X 13 baking dish, set aside.
In a large bowl, toss the bread with olive oil and spread on a large rimmed baking sheet. Bake about 20 minutes, tossing once or twice, until golden and lightly crisp. Meanwhile in a large skillet, cook the bacon over medium-high heat; transfer to paper towel. In the same skillet, add the onion and cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes and crushed red pepper and cook until liquid is evaporated, about 3 minutes.
Return toast to large bowl and add skillet contents, bacon, shredded cheeses, chives and broth; toss until bread is well coated. Spread the mixture into the baking dish and cover with foil.
Bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake 15 more minutes. Remove from oven and carefully crack the 8 eggs over the top. Return and bake for 15 more minutes until desired doneness of eggs.