Ingredients for 6 servings
- 4 Cups Frozen Corn
- 1 (14 Ounce) Can Chicken Broth
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1 (4 ounce) Can Diced Green Chilies
- 1⁄2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1⁄4 Teaspoon Pepper
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 (12 ounce) Can Evaporated Milk
- 1 Cup Chicken Breast, Chopped & Cooked
- 1 (15 ounce) Can Diced Tomatoes
- 1 Can Black Beans, Drained and Rinsed
- 1 Cup Shredded Jack Cheese, or Taco Blend
- *Fresh Cilantro or Parsley for Garnish
In a blender or food processor, combine two cups of frozen corn and all the chicken broth. Cover and blend until smooth.
In a large saucepan, combine corn/broth puree, the remaining corn, green chilies, dried oregano, salt, pepper and garlic. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to simmer. Simmer uncovered for 10 minutes. Add chicken, milk, tomatoes, and black beans and simmer for an additional 10 minutes.
Remove saucepan from heat. Stir in cheese until it is completely melted.