Ingredients for 6 to 10 servings
- 1 Small Sweet Onion, Diced
- 3 Carrots, Grated
- 6 Stalks of Celery, Chopped
- 64 Ounces Chicken Broth
- 2 Cups Water
- 3 Pounds Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 2 Packages Rice a Roni® Long Grain Wild Rice
- 1 The Spice Hunter® Bay Leaf
- ½ Cup Darigold® Butter
- ½ Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Pepper
- 2 Cups Darigold® Half and Half
In a slow cooker set on high heat add the onion, as that is cooking prepare the celery and carrots and add when completed. Add the chicken broth, water, chicken breasts, and rice including the seasoning packets. Cook on high for 4 hours.
Using a small sauce pan, add the butter and melt completely. Sprinkle the flour, salt and pepper and whisk until there are no lumps. Slowly add the half and half and whisk until smooth. Stir the mixture into the slow cooker and allow to cook another 15 minutes.