Ingredients for 6 servings
- 16 Ounces Penne Pasta Noodles, Cooked
- 1 Pound Sweet Italian Sausage
- 24 Ounce Jar Pasta Sauce
- 1 Cup Darigold® Cottage Cheese
- 8 Ounces Whipped Cream Cheese
- ¼ Cup Darigold® Sour Cream
- 8 Ounce Shredded Darigold® Medium White Cheddar Cheese
- 1/3 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Prepare pasta according to package instructions, pulling pasta before it is completely cooked. Drain and set aside.
In a large skillet, over medium high heat, cook the Italian sausage until brown and crumbly, about 5-7 minutes. Drain any remaining grease and add the pasta sauce to the sausage.
Combine the cottage cheese, cream cheese and sour cream in a bowl, mixing until combined.
Layer ½ of the pasta in the bottom of a lasagna pan that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Top the pasta with the creamy cheese mixture. Continue layering the remaining penne pasta and the rest of the creamy cheese mix. Finish with the meat sauce and spread evenly.
Bake for 30 minutes, and remove from oven adding the bag of cheese. Continue cooking an additional 15 minutes or until it is slightly browned.