Ingredients for 6 servings
- 1 Pound Uncooked Pasta of Choice
- 1 (8 Ounce) Jar Sun-dried Tomatoes In Olive Oil
- 8 Ounces Peppered Bacon
- 1 1⁄4 Cups Pesto
- 1 Cup Romano Cheese, Grated
- Fresh Coarsely Ground Black Pepper
- *For Variation Add Chicken & Pine Nuts
In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium-high heat until crisp. Remove from heat and dab grease off with a paper towel. Break into crumbles.
Cook pasta until al dente according to package directions. Drain pasta, shaking off excess water, and place in a large bowl.
Drain tomatoes, reserving some of the oil. Cut the tomatoes into thin strips and add to the pasta. Add the pesto and mix well. Add bacon, cheese and season with black pepper and toss well.
For a more moist consistency, add some of the reserved sun-dried tomato oil.