Ingredients for 6 servings
- 1 Large White or Yellow Onion, Coarsely Chopped
- 8 Fresh Bratwurst
- 3 Cups Sam Adams Octoberfest®
- 8 Hotdog or Torpedo Rolls, Lightly Toasted
- Accompaniments (Optional):
- Onion Relish
- Pickle Relish
- *For Best Taste, Use Yoke's Handcrafted Sausage
In a large saucepan, combine the beer and onions. Add the bratwurst and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until the brats are heated through. Adjust the heat to maintain a simmer.
Using a slotted spoon or tongs, lift the brats from the poaching liquid and nestle in the rolls. Top with any of the accompanying condiments and serve.