Ingredients for 6 servings
- ¼ Cup Olive Oil
- 1 Large Sweet Onion, Finely Diced
- 4 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 12 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1 ½ Pounds Chicken Breast
- 2 Lemons, Juiced and Zested
- 2 Tablespoons Spiceology® Mediterranean Greek Herb Blend
- 12 Ounce Box Near East® Couscous
- ¼ Cup Fresh Dill, Minced
In a large stock pot add the olive oil and onion. Cook the onion until it starts to become translucent. Add the garlic, chicken broth, chicken breast, lemon juice, lemon zest and greek herb blend to the pot. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to medium low, approximately 20 minutes, or until internal temperature of the chicken is 165˚.
Add the couscous, cover and simmer another 5 minutes. Remove the chicken breasts from the pot and shred with two forks, then add all back to the pot. Taste for salt and add if desired.
Add the fresh dill to the soup and serve immediately. Garnish with additional dill.