- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans
- 1 (15 oz.) can diced tomatoes with chilies
- 1 (10 oz.) package frozen corn
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (10 oz.) can enchilada sauce
- 1 (15 oz.) can chicken broth
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 cup Cotija Cheese, crumbled
In a slow cooker, combine the beans, tomatoes, corn, onion and bell pepper. Place the chicken breasts on top of the mixture.
In a large bowl, mix the enchilada sauce and the broth, gradually mixing in the milk until smooth. Pour sauce mixture over the chicken in the slow cooker.
Cover and cook on low heat for about 6 hours or on high for about 3 hours. Remove chicken and shred. Add chicken back to soup and top with Cotija cheese. For more
flavor, add sour cream, avocado, cilantro and/or tortilla strips.
*** For More Convenience: dice the raw chicken before adding it to the crock pot.