Ingredients for 6 servings
- 1 Stick Darigold® Butter
- 1 ½ Cups Slivered Almonds
- 3 Packages Chicken Ramen, Crushed (save packets for dressing)
- 2 Teaspoons Onion Powder
- 1 Head Cabbage, Thinly Sliced, Then Chopped
- 4 Green Onions, Diced
- ½ Cup Vegetable or Canola Oil
- ¼ Cup Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1/3 Cup Sugar
- 3 Flavor Packets from Ramen
- Pepper To Taste
In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add the crushed ramen, almonds and onion powder. Cook until the ramen and almonds start to toast and brown slightly in color. Remove from heat and place on a baking sheet in the refrigerator to chill.
Place prepped cabbage and green onions in a large bowl. Prepare dressing in a small bowl, whisking together the oil, vinegar, sugar, ramen packets and pepper.
Once the ramen has chilled add it to the bowl of cabbage, top with the dressing and mix well.
**Best served the day salad is prepared.