Ingredients for 6 servings
- 1 Pound Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast, Cooked and Cubed
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion, Diced
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, Diced
- 16 Ounce Jar Mild Salsa Verde
- 1 Box Jiffy® Corn Muffin Mix
- 1 Egg
- 1/3 Cup Milk
- 1 8 Ounce Darigold® Mexican Blend Shredded Cheese, Divided
- 1 to 2 Jalapeños, Sliced *Optional
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a large sauté pan over medium high heat add the olive oil, onion and pepper. Sauté until softened and onions have become translucent.
While the onion and pepper are cooking, add the chicken and salsa to a medium size bowl. Once the vegetables are complete, add to the bowl and mix to combine.
Prepare a 13x9 pan with non-stick spray and pour chicken mix, spreading evenly over the bottom of the pan.
In a medium bowl stir together the corn muffin mix, milk, egg and half the bag of cheese. Stirring until well combined. Cover the chicken mix in your pan with the corn muffin mix, spreading evenly. Top the corn muffin with remaining cheese and jalapeño slices if desired.
Bake 30 minutes or until corn muffin is set and starting to brown.