Ingredients for 6 servings
- 1 Sweet Onion, Diced
- 2 Bell Peppers: Red, Orange or Yellow, Diced
- 2 Uncooked Chicken Breasts, Diced
- 1-2 Tablespoons Cumin
- 1-2 Teaspoons Chili Powder
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 Can Corn, Drained
- 1 Can Black Beans, Rinsed & Drained
- 1 Can Rotel® Tomatoes, Undrained
- 1 Can Stewed Mexican Tomatoes, Undrained
- 64 Ounces Chicken Broth
- 6 Corn Tortillas, Cut into Small Pieces
- ½ Cup Cilantro, Chopped
- 1 Lime, Juiced
Heat a large skillet to medium high heat. Add a touch of cooking oil to the skillet. Add the onion, peppers and chicken breasts. Season with cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper and cook until the onions are translucent and chicken has browned.
Turn a large crock pot onto high heat (4 hours) or low (8 hours) adding all of the skillet ingredients to the crock pot first. Continue with the corn, black beans, Rotel® and stewed tomatoes, chicken broth and tortillas. Cook either 4-8 hours and add cilantro and the juice from one lime. Stir to combine.
Add sour cream, shredded cheese and crushed tortilla chips if desired.