Ingredients for 6 servings
- 2-3 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Onion, Minced
- 2-3 Garlic Cloves, Minced
- 1 Celery Stalk, Minced
- 1 Carrot, Peeled & Minced
- 1 Pound Ground Turkey
- 1 (28 Ounce) Can Crushed Tomatoes
- 1⁄4 Cup Fresh Flat Leaf Parsley, Chopped
- 8 Fresh Basil Leaves, Chopped
- Salt & Pepper To Taste
In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté until onion is tender. Add the celery and carrot and sauté until soft. Add the turkey and cook until browned, breaking up large clumps as it cooks. Add remaining ingredients and cook over medium-low heat until sauce thickens; about 30 minutes.
Serve over whole wheat pasta and top with freshly grated Romano or Parmesan cheese.