Ingredients for 6 servings
- 2 Cups Quinoa
- 6 Tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 1⁄2 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 2⁄3 Cups Fresh Lime Juice
- 1-2 Chipotle Chiles in Adobo Sauce, Finely Chopped
- 8 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1⁄3 Cup Olive Oil
- 1 Can Black Beans, Drained & Rinsed
- 1⁄2 Small Red Onion, Finely Diced
- 1 Cup Green Onion, Thinly Sliced
- 2 Red, Yellow, or Orange Bell Peppers, Diced
- 1 Cup Packed Cilantro, Finely Chopped
In a medium sauce pan, combine the quinoa with 4 cups of water and cook according to package instructions. Let cool completely.
In a large bowl, whisk the vinegar, soy sauce, lime juice, chipotle and garlic. Slowly add the olive oil and continue whisking until well blended. Add remaining ingredients including the quinoa and mix well.
Refrigerate before serving.
Wine Pairing: Riesling
Beer Pairing: Ninkasi Total Domination