Ingredients for 6 servings
- 8 Cups Texas Toast, Cut In 1” Cubes
- 3 Apples, Peeled & Chopped
- 1 (8 Ounce) Package Cream Cheese, Softened
- 3⁄4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1⁄4 Cup Sugar
- 1⁄4 Cup Apple Cider
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla, Divided
- 1⁄2 Cup English Toffee Bits
- 5 Eggs
- 3⁄4 Cup Milk
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Place half the cubed bread in a greased 9 x 13 inch pan. Top with apples. In a mixer, blend the cream cheese, sugars, apple cider and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Stir in the English toffees and pour over the apples. Top with remaining bread cubes.
In another bowl, beat together the eggs, milk and remaining vanilla and pour over the bread. Refrigerate overnight.
Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake for 40-45 minutes.
Serve Cider Syrup over Apple Toffee Toast (See Recipe).